Friday, August 6, 2010

Spain!

Hey everybody, sorry I haven´t blogged in a while; it´s been pretty hectic. Also, please excuse any spelling mistakes; Spanish keyboards are actually really hard to use :P Well, I landed in Spain on the 1st of August, and as soon as I got off the plane I knew it was going to be hot, because their airconditioned airport was hot. It was pretty cool though because the people who met me there were really nice. We then all went on a bus and I don´t know exactly how long the ride took, but it was pretty long :P When we got to the camp, there were hundreds of people there! I didn´t realise how big the camp actually was. Keep in mind, this is actually like a fun boarding school. There´s really good music playing over the P.A. all the time, and everyone gets so much free time it´s crazy.

There are random ping pong tables everywhere, volleyball courts, basketball courts, soccer pitches, a pool and so many other cool things. They have a set time table, but it´s pretty much:
Wake up, breakfast, class, break, class, meeting, free time, lunch, free time, activity 1, snack, activity 2, dinner, night activity and then everyone goes to bed at midnight. It´s pretty cool. And today in class we just watched Up in Spanish. Nearly everyone goes to the pool here or walks to the beach in free time, but if you don´t want to, you can just chill and play some ping pong :P

The food is actually pretty good here. I didn´t like it at first, but after today´s meal, I´m convinced that they have possibly the best food on the planet. That´s right. Better than your mother´s. Haha jk, no cooking can beat your mothers cooking :P The only bad thing about this camp so far is that I´ve actually been really unwell for 3 days, and yesterday I only got out of bed once; and that was to eat dinner. But you´ll hopefully be pleased to know that I´m feeling a little better, and learning quite a bit of Spanish.

The other day, we went out to the city and did a bit of walking (which btw sucks because there were lots of slopes, lol) and then got 2 free hours for shopping, but unfortunately, that was when I was at my worst so I just slept under a tree until we left :P I´m still pretty tired, so everyone else is at the beach, but if I come to Spain again, I will definitely bring a friend and enjoy it a lot more (: So yeah, that´s pretty much it for now; sorry there are no pictures coz it´s been really busy. So I´ll catchas all later!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, next time your bringing mee!! so r u with ur mom or just at the boarding school with spanish peps? i miss you so much and it sounds like so much fun i bet emily would be jels. OMG guess wat! i might be starting air force cadets its awsome so when you get back ill be pro. lol miss you love you 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah for sure. Nah my mum's in England, so I'm just here by myself. Also, you are not joining airforce cadets. I was thinking of starting army cadets before, but then I came to my senses. If you're going to join any service, join the army, coz apparently the air force sucks :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, wow. yea i decided not 2 in the end, im 2 buisy atm. gah i miss you

    ReplyDelete